What is Wellness Coaching?
One-on-one wellness coaching is among the most effective approaches to helping people make and sustain lifestyle improvements. Coaching focuses on:
- Developing long-lasting healthy behavior changes
- Guiding you to take responsibility for your health and wellness
- Helping you find what motivates you to live a healthier lifestyle
Often there is an enormous gap between making healthy choices and the everyday realities of living. There are physical, mental, and emotional consequences for overeating, under-exercising, and having too little downtime for recharging your batteries. Coaching can help you close the gap between where you are today and help get you where you to want to be!
Wellness coaching is comprehensive and customized. Shawna will help you develop a positive vision and an action plan. The experience can help propel you forward and stir you to achieve more so that you can make lasting changes and realize your vision.
During the first session, we complete a Health Risk Assessment, develop your vision and personal goals, identify your motivators and strengths, and explore your challenges and possible solutions. Then YOU will determine how many follow up sessions are needed to ensure your success. The initial session is typically 60 to 75 minutes while follow-up sessions are under an hour.
- Increases in accountability and partnership
- Permission to focus on you and the way you feel and function
- Collaborative problem-solving and strategizing
- Safe, open, and honest dialogue
- An improved ability to utilize and build upon your unique strengths
Wellness Coaching can help you achieve a variety of goals, including:
- Improving energy
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Smoking cessation
- Risk factor modification for elevated cholesterol, blood pressure, or blood sugar
- Reducing risks of cancer
- Improving life satisfaction